Improve filter performance in space data tree
The data tree filter should filter data as the user types. It takes about 1 sec on my macbook air to filter "Doublestar" and I have to hit
#1 Updated by Anonymous about 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 20
After investigation, it seems that the lack in performance is due to :
- a huge number of calls to Regexp's match function
- the number of field tested for Regexp is too important (19 fields)
#2 Updated by Anonymous over 4 years ago
- % Done changed from 20 to 90
Performances increased a lot by pre-filtering on the data.
The proxy now only checks a data attribute, which takes a lot less time than the previous implementation. (check on parents and children for every node)
Still needs improvements to have a letter-by-letter filtering though.